A pioneer cemetery in Richmond, Missouri, contains the graves of Oliver Cowdery and the Whitmer family. In 1911, Junius F. Wells notified Church leaders about the historic cemetery. The Church erected a monument to Oliver Cowdery and the Three Witnesses in the cemetery. In the course of later years, the cemetery was vandalized and forgotten. In 1949, the Church worked with the city of Richmond to refurbish and care for the cemetery. A listing of people buried in the cemetery, deciphered from aging and faded headstones, is appended to the article.