A History of the Men's Intramural Program at Brigham Young University
Brigham Young University
The purpose of this study was to compile and present an organized and complete history of the Men's Intramural Program at Brigham Young University.
The Brigham Young University Intramural Program had its beginning early in Brigham Young Academy history. The intramural program originated as an outgrowth of the physical education instructional program. Prior to 1954 the intramural program was part of the Physical Education Department and the Chairman of that department gave leadership to the intramural program by assigning part-time directors and student managers to organize sporting events. Since 1954 a full-time director has been employed as Intramural Director. The program was the result of many years of growth and development